Monday, December 22, 2008

Hey Kids

So it's back to the usual Monday morning routine. Wake up enough to get my work done correctly, drink coffee, jam to good music, answer the phones, count down the minutes til lunch time, drink more coffee. The sun is shining and I "think" the wind has lessened just a bit.

We lost power last night - rather strong wind we had. I am so frightened of heavy wind but I had a conversation with God yesterday afternoon. I let him know that yes I'm afraid of it but I don't want to have a panic attack every time it starts blowing. I asked if He could somehow help me to see the beauty in the feel and sound of it instead of the fear I tend to experience. So last night Susan and I are getting ready for a Christmas party and the wind is just howling like a mad animal. Next think the power goes out. Comes back on and then immediately goes back out.
I'd normally start in w/ the panic attack - that's another thing - total darkness....eesh. Not my favorite thing. So we went to the front porch to smoke a ciggie w/ our flashlight and called our friend to see if we could spend the night since we didn't know when the power would be back on and it was supposed to get down to 27 last night. From there we packed our overnight backs w/ the help of a flashlight and high tailed it to the christmas party. That was alot of fun.
Tasty food and good company. And then I shocked myself. Really I did. I got up in front of everybody and sang karaoke all by myself. I kept thinking about it just how I'd thought about the poetry reading months ago. I'm scared to death to do this but I want to prove to myself that I CAN do it. So I got up there and sang "I Think We're Alone Now". I love that song. I held on tightly to my sweater belt with one hand and tapped out the beat w/ my feet. I'm not entirely sure how I sounded but I have to admit it was alot of fun!

Saturday night was another girls night Christmas shindig. That too was fun. It's been forever since I'd seen these ladies. I got to hold April's little baby and she was a doll!!!!! I have to admit I could have held her all night long. She was so cute moving her little leg and eating her rattle.

Beyond that, things are same ol same ol.
Dreamt of Mr. Crush yet again. Sometimes I just want to come out and say okay dude, I like you. I really like you alot. More and more everyday. Because you're so nice and funny. A hardworker, rational, a glass half full kinda guy. you make me laugh and give me sage advice and I feel comfortable being me around you. And I like the idea of holding your hand or hugging you. And so yeah... I kinda like you alot.
Will I say this? I don't know.... if only I could read his mind and see what he thinks of me first....yeah that'd be cool...

And that's it. For now anyway.

Sincerely, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment