Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Realizations

Day: Friday
Time: 11:07 am
Temp - cold
Mood: Pretty Grand

So here's the thing. I think - as much as I don't want to admit this - that Mr. Crush and I will not happen. I don't know. Nothing terribly specific yet specific enough for me to get the picture. I was speaking to my confidante on the topic and found out I may have made him uncomfortable. Now alright I didn't do anything outlandish to get into trouble, however I must have unknowingly come on too strong.
Whoops. So I've backed off a good bit. I'd rather have the rejection than knowing I've made him uncomfortable. That's the very last thing I had intended.
So he's come around and made jokes in the past day or so, so I feel like the back off helped. However he mentioned a date last night so I'm thinking now would be a great time to get over the crush, Mr. Crush that is, and move on. Be grateful we have a good funny repoire and be done with it. I'll admit I'm a little bummed - he's a really nice guy - yet I'm not terribly 'crushed'. Weird. I wonder if maybe I build things up in my head so big and so fast I just unknowingly scare guys, kid myself into believing his being super nice was a come on. I don't know. It's very possible.
I AM guy illiterate you know... And that' that bit of news.

It is cold - way cold for down South. However I've heard countless people freaking out about possible 13 degree lows tonight. OMG what ever will we do?! Umm... put on another sweater? Wear mittens? Don't go swimming? I've been kindly reminded that while I grew up in the North, many folks down here have not experienced this kind of cold. So again I'm shutting up w/ my comments. Mostly...hehe.
Dude it IS cold and by the time I get inside my hands are numb but you know it's kinda nice at the same time. Granted I don't think I'd want to sit out in it all day. But it's nice - it's crisp and sunny and I like it.

I have an exciting appt tomorrow that I'm not going to say anything more until I find out more.
I'm very excited to have dinner w/ Mel Sunday night. Seriously so so excited. It's been forever.

I really don't have else to discuss so I'm going w/ bullet points of niceness:

. red beans and rice w/ keilbasa sausage - add shredded cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, black olives. So yummy!
. heavy turtleneck sweaters
. flannel pjs and woolly slippers
. hot tea, a blanket and lying on the couch watching old tv shows.
. my bible study group - they all rock, they're real, honest, will tell you the truth, great ladies who mean more to me than I can ever say.
.oldies radio stations. I love them. Oldies make me smile, sing along, tap my feet (of course if no one is around) and basically the music puts me in a good mood.
. it's Friday!!!! That alone is pretty cool.
. the word Rad. I don't know...it's so oldschool, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment