Monday, January 5, 2009

Hey Kids - How's things?
I'm hoping everyone has had a lovely holiday.
In all honesty I'm pretty thrilled to have the holidays over and be back to my normal routine. Call me crazy, call me organized I don't know.

So I've been working on drawing lately. It's something I've always wanted to do since I was a little girl and saw all my dad's drawings. I never thought I'd be good at it and therefore I never tried very hard. I just knew I sucked at it. This past week Mr. Crush and I had a lovely conversation and he told me he thought I was creative and that I seemed like a free spirit (why yes I can be, thanks) and that he thought I ought to take some art classes and hone in on my skills. I never really thought about it before. I just did what I knew I was good at and steered clear from things I wasn't very good at cause really who wants to spend time on something that turns out sucky? Not me. But I kept thinking about it for a good few days. And so I thought well I won't ever get good if I never try it. Maybe I'll be really good and wouldn't have ever known it. So I tried. And I tried again. And guess what?! I'm not half bad and the best part is I so love drawing ocean scenes. I love all things ocean so I find great joy in this. Okay so the sea lion looks like an evil skinned cat. It really freaks me out a bit. But otherwise I have to say Mr. Crush has inspired me (probably unknowingly) and I'm pretty thrilled about it.
I may not be a spotlight artist like Wyland but dude.... I'm damn proud of what I have managed to draw.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My sister cracks me up. I have this pair of brown boots that remind me of round toed cowboy boots. I mostly wear them to work. They're cute and comfortable so it's really a win-win situation. She starts giggling everytime I put them on or walk into a room and lift up my pants leg to show her. I don't know why but she finds these boots to be extremely cute and amusing. Hey go for it I say. We should all be so lucky to have that kind of enthusiam.

I was thinking of a question - a good conversation starter. I was wondering about people and what is their favorite thing in the whole wide world? This doesn't necessarily have to do w/ God and Family. I am torn on this. Of course generally speaking God and My family would be first. But going down the line what would I say?
I'd have to say it's a mixture of good punk music, the ability to express myself creatively whether in words or drawings, anything ocean but the feel, smell and sound of the ocean and beach, tattoos - I so love tattoos and I will surely love the hammerhead shark I plan on getting next. In all honesty the list could go on. But I'll stop.

Lastly - crushes are that. Crushing. It can be exciting and fun and all smiles yet sometimes I miss him so much I feel like such a dork and think wow..... this sucks! I miss him so much it hurts a little. It's crushing....

And that's all I've got for this Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment