Monday, May 17, 2010

Manic Monday

There is tiredness in the air along with rain and humidity.

I blame 2 things: this weather. It makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good movie or curl up for a nap. Waking up at 2:30 am and having a hell of a time getting back to sleep.



I'm contemplating a line written by a fellow art blogger:

We are all sitting underneath the very same night sky.

It's a powerful line if you really think about it. We're all looking at the same moon, the same sky.

No matter what differences, joys, sadnesses, problems we all may have, we have that one thing in common. It's powerful to me.



Saturday was the vampire movie marathon on SyFy. All week I was filled with excitement for this. I was rather disappointed. Granted, the first movie, The Dark Prince - Story of Vlad Dracula was really interesting and I admit I enjoyed that one a great deal. If there's any truth to the story, I don't really see how he was that awful of a person. Yes he was incredibly brutal in battle. So was Willilam Wallace. Yet he was avenging his family. He was lifting the Turkish oppression off of Romania. You do what you have to do in those situations. I find his story rather fascinating in fact and would love to research it a great deal.



Sunday was thunderstorms - nothing awful and horrific, just that perfect afternoon thundershower. Rumbles of thunder and rain. those I like. Perfect for oversized pajamas, a good movie on tv (yesterday was Bridge to Terebithia) and drawings. I finished one drawing that I'm rather fond of in it's humorous state.



I've also pulled out an abstract I'd started back in April and am working on the colors again. I feel much better about the progress this time around.

I have also found that when it comes to 'crush' if I send musings and ramblings there will be no response however if I send direct questions I will get a response. That has to be a guy thing....
I can't help but wonder what he'd say if I asked him out for coffee. I don't believe I've gotten enough nerve yet to do so.

I've come across some fantastic 'rock opera' music by Nightwish that I feel the whole world should listen to. It's amazing. It's indescribable. I love it.

My last note is this: no matter where you are, what time of day it is whether it's in the middle of the pastor's sermon, church announcements, or 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon: Have some freakin common courtesy. It's very hard to focus on the sermon and get something out of it when the people behind you talk nearly the whole time. It's rather annoying when someone parks at the neighbors' house keeping the music on w/ that bass so loud it shakes your house windows (especially when you're trying to nap). Common courtesy people - try it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment